Thursday 17 October 2013

Making Covers, and Building Characters

So I've said a good amount of times, that I like to make covers for my stories. Well, I make them by doing a kind of panorama, and joining the images together, to get a larger image. The console helps heaps in this. Simple "TFC 1" to pause all the action and then use "FOV 10" to reduce the field of view. This reduces the amount of warpage that occurs around the edges of the screen, making it easier to make the panorama. I then take a series of shots. Working on larger images helps, as I like to round out the polygonal edges with a warp tool in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. Yes, you read correctly. I use software released in 2003 (Jasc PSP being Coral PSP in 2005 onwards) and it works well with windows 7.
Anyhoo, the panorama goes from top to bottom, creating a rectangular image on the vertical.
This is the image after it has been put together from the series of screenshots, scrolling down. And then after it's all been messed around with in PSP. If I did this today, I would have taken 2 shots of  Mag. One with the Hide armour, and one with the master mages outfit, and then merge them to create something unique looking, as I did with M, on an image I posted earlier.
I also redid the Valerie and Tam images as I wasn't happy with the way they looked. Another thing I did was start making more characters, as I thought it might help me when describing them. (May go back and add more description on characters when I go back to repair part 1 of it's typos and such.)

Anyway, I thought it might be good to show some characters from part 2.
 
Sorry, no Darovin as I didn't make him. Just imagine Brendarr, but with black hair, older and with five-o'clock shadow. (Getting a Dunmer to look young is actually quite hard without him looking like a high-fantasy elf or something) (Might see if I can fix the way he looks later)
EDIT
Changed Brendarr's normal map to make him look closer to his age.



Rasha's appearance is kind of an accident. I wasn't happy with how the Ohmes Raht race, from a mod on the nexus, was simply a re-textured Bosmer. I threw the Race Morph Tri into blender, and made some changes. I was worried that it would cause problems, but in the end it turned out quite well. I kind of gave her a slight muzzle, and made the morphs eyes narrower on the horizontal plane. the eyes themselves use the Khajiit eye texture from cover eyes, just altered so they fit on the non-beast race eye texture.
Faldan on the other hand was easy. I used some hair mod (Apachii Skyhair maybe) and tried to make him look a bit dorky. He's around 35.

That's all for now

JG




No comments:

Post a Comment