Thursday 10 October 2013

I mod also, well not any more I don't

I made a Race mod for Skyrim a while ago, and while I tried hard on it, I can't get the thing to fully work.
The problem is that the Formlists don't exactly function as I think they're supposed to

Example:
If you add a race to HeadsPartsAllracesMinusBeast formlist, then everything works. But if any other mod uses that same formlist, even in reference, then things begin to break.
Also the Vampire and Werewolf change scripts begin to act up with multiple race mods.

I've tried using the "Generic Race Controller" scripts from the mod "Creating Playable Races the Right Way" and I tried following the instructions, but all I get is script failures and issues. I might have start fresh, but that ain't happening. So for now, the half working mod will stay.

I tried something I haven't really tried before. Creating a mod. In the end it's a partial success, partial failure.
The success was creating morphs that are different from vanilla. Learning texturing and how to alter texture-maps. Being able to create custom spells for the races.
The failures are simple. Creating a race in Skyrim is broken. You need other mods to get a race mod to be properly functional with other race mods. Otherwise, you have end up with the possibility of a bald race, and/or a race that bugs out when becoming a vampire/werewolf etc.

Anyone interested in taking a look, it's here.
The Dwemer and the Falmer
I also did an elven eyes mod. Might expand that a little more.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment