Saturday 7 June 2014

Me the Modder

Since getting Skyrim, I've started to learn bits and pieces about modding.
Anyway, looking back at the Mods I've done, I can quite happily see that I've progressed from knowing literally nothing about the CK to knowing quite a bit.

Anyway, here's a little picture showcase.

Firstly Dremora Assets.
I'm happy with the way this turned out. It isn't really a mod, just assets. The horns are vanilla, just moved around. The detail maps are higher resolution, and I've made 3 more based on the original. The eyes I made myself, based on the vanilla texture (the alpha channel is vanilla, the rest isn't)

Second is just a quick Race mod. Velothi Race - The True Chimer.
Basically the Altmer, with altered ears. That's pretty much it. Their racials are purely destruction magic boost. May change it so that one of them is ancestor guardian (Like the Dunmer in Oblivion)

Thirdly is Orc Eyes Alternate
My first purely Aesthetic mod. I really liked the way it came out. The reason I made this was that I use Natural Eyes, but their Orc eyes aren't lore friendly, so I made my own.

Fourth is Female Orc Horns
The males have horns, so why not the females? Honestly, this one's a little wonky. The .tri files that morph them to the brow are for the male, so I had to make some fixes.

Fifth is Deep Elf Race  - The True Dwemer
Really happy with the way this one turned out. need to do some updates for the Racial Compatibility, but that should be a doddle. Their base is the Dunmer, but with altered ears and new eye textures. Their racials involve turning all automatons in an area into allies (perhaps a bit overpowered, but it only works in Dwemer Ruins.)

And Finally Snow Elf Race - The True Falmer
On the left is their standard look. On the right is with Ethereal Elven Overhaul.
This is the one I'm spending the most time on at the moment. I really like the way they look. Their abilities are frost flesh and frost resistance. The player can also smith armour and robes.

Link to my nexus profile is on the top right >

right now, I'm pretty much living and breathing Elder Scrolls, but haven'tactually played it since I ran through the Falskaar DLC sized mod.

Anyhoo, time to get back to editing that chapter for An Elder Scrolls Saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment