Thursday 10 April 2014

An Elder Scrolls Saga Part 3 and Other Stuff.

ESS: Of Tooth and Nail
I have the outline, and I've begun to write part 3 of my Elder Scrolls fanfic. Already I can tell that this is going to be massive with huge amounts of characters in all different locations all doing different things. I might actually burst through the 100,000 word mark (so far my stories are from 70,000-80,000 words [approx])

In a way, this marks the end of a trilogy, even though it's not the end of the story. The end point is really just yet another start. Will it be of another trilogy? I'm not sure, but I already know the gist of book 4, and what it will entail.

Original Fic
I'm also writing an original fiction. It's sci-fi set in a universe I created. My earliest document on this is 25th March 2012, and some of the ideas began well before then. Writing fan fiction was a gateway into this, writing my own story, that I actually own. Playing in other people's universes is fun, but at the end of the day it belongs to someone else, and I can never really claim any ownership for it, apart from the original characters I created, but they are so entwined in those owned universes that the two are integral.

So far I'm trying to write 1000 words a day, though sometimes I go over that by an extra 400, but other times I struggle to get as many as 1000.

What this means is that I will be spending less time on my fan fiction, yet I do still enjoy writing for them, so they probably won't stop, just slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment